First, here's the major news that came out of the press conference:
- There are no updates on the indefinite suspensions and defensive tackle Stacy McGee will not play against Texas.
- Backup offensive guard Nila Kasitati has a torn ACL, Stoops announced.
- Wide receiver Trey Metoyer has a shoulder nick, but he's fine and will be good to go Saturday against Texas: "Yeah, just there's nothing wrong. I mean, it's just whether it be--and for instance, like Landry said even after the game, you go through your ready progression. And it isn't about getting the ball to any one guy. You take sometimes if a defense is overloaded, whether they're rolled up on him with a corner and a safety on top of him, it doesn't look real good. Or there's just certain situations you can't force it to a guy. You have to--you're best on offense when you go through your progressions. I can remember way back in the day my first time with Mike Leach and he's sitting there yelling at Josh [Heupel] about what coverage he saw and why he thought this guy was gonna be open. And Mike says, 'No. No. No.' He goes, 'If this guy's open, you throw it to him. If he isn't open, you throw it to this one. If he's not open, you throw it to the third one. It's right here and it's that simple. You don't sit there and try and make a guy get this many catches. It just doesn't work.'"
- Players of the game included on offense quarterback Landry Jones and wide receiver Justin Brown and defensively tackle Casey Walker, cornerback Aaron Colvin and strong safety Javon Harris.
- Offensive tackle Lane Johnson and center Gabe Ikard graded out the best on the offensive line.
Now, check out Stoops' full presser in all three parts below.