NORMAN, Okla. -- The Crimson and Cream came into the weekend with a chance to seal up the three seed…
Stars of the Weekend
1. Junior third baseman Garrett Buechele--He hit a huge midseason slump with his average dropping from the mid-fours to .339 heading into last weekend, and it even dropped three more percentage points, but it was still a productive series for the captain. Buechele belted in six RBI's, going 3-for-11 with an RBI double and a homer. That homer was a key three-run blast in a game two victory, and he also had a two-run single in the series finale that tied the score at two apiece at the time. 2. Junior shortstop Caleb Bushyhead--Bushyhead hasn't been hitting for a great average this season, hovering in the mid-upper twos. But he raised it 13 percentage points over the weekend, going 4-for-8. One of those four hits was his third triple of the season, which took place in game two. He also plated the go-ahead run in that same game in the top of the ninth inning on a sacrifice fly. 3. Freshman reliever Dillon Overton--He came into the fire in game three and really showed a lot of poise. After starter Jordan John allowed two runs on three hits and a walk in just 1 1/3 innings, Overton relieved him in the bottom of the second with two runners in scoring position. He induced a pair of popups to get the Sooners out of the inning. That was part of a 4 2/3 inning performance in which he allowed no earned runs, lowering his ERA on the season from 1.97 to 1.83. Overton struck out six and walked just three. He also allowed three hits. Follow me at twitter.com/joeyhelmer10 or facebook.com/joeyhelmer.
430 Fans online
- Story: Tyrell Jacobs commits to Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Media Days Thread
- OU offers safety Justin Reid
- Baylor's Shawn Oakman provides bulletin board material
- Update on offered 2016 QB Buechele...